Who would have guessed these innocent looking peppermint truffles are actually protein packed, gluten free, bites of pure heaven! Did I mention they are covered in dark chocolate and full of essential vitamins and minerals with 6 servings of greens? Oh yeah baby! I’ve got another Vega One recipe coming at ya!
Happy almost Friday, guess what? This is our 100th post!!!! How’s your week? Speeding by I hope! I’m having a lovely week and honestly cannot wait until the weekend! I’m hoping today and tomorrow fly by and the weekend SLOWS THE HECK DOWN! because omg I haven’t done any shopping (I’m a procrastinator) and have a few projects that I’m really excited to work on 🙂
Fueling this amazing week has been these little bites from heaven. I dreamed of these little guys and they are even better than I imagined. The texture is perfect – you seriously bite into the truffle and the chocolate shell breaks and the inside is luxuriously soft and creamy. Did I mention to you that these are peppermint truffles. Yes, every single bite made me want to dance!
The best part is that you don’t have to practice as much self control around these as you might other holiday treats! And you will actually feel full and satiated after eating these, instead of sugar filled and hungry 5 minutes later. That’s your friend protein and chia coming out to play 🙂
As you can imagine I was happy to sit through hours of training with these on the menu! I played around with the truffles through the week .Yes, I’ve made multiple batches – I told you I’m in heaven! I tried different coatings: dark chocolate, pistachio, almonds, and even had a few plain. Surprise surprise, I LOVE the dark chocolate coating the best. 🙂 Bet you didn’t see that one coming! The pistachio was a close second though.
These truffles would be the perfect homemade gift as well. I don’t know about you but I always enjoy homemade gifts the most (unless it’s a vitamix). Whether it’s a bag of cookies or hand written card, there is just something about a gift with a little love in it. If you have been thinking about making some gifts for family/friends but don’t know where to start, I’ve got you covered!
All of these gifts can be made in large batches and packed simply in decorative ziplock bags or mason jars. Just a warning now though, you are going to want to save some of these for yourself as well, so make extra. After all, aren’t presents for yourself just as important for your sanity this time of year?
- Combine the chia, vega one, oats, and warm water in a small bowl.
- Add Coconut butter and extract to the mix and combine.
- Divide and roll into small balls.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- If you plan on covering these in dark chocolate, melt 1/4 to 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips in microwave using 30 intervals until melted. Stir in between intervals.
- Using two spoons, cover balls in a thin layer of chocolate
- Place on wax paper and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes so it can harden.
- **Use dairy free for a vegan option!
- If you are covering in nuts chop up the nuts and roll the balls in in the nuts. No need for additional chocolate.
What About You?!
- Truffles covered in chocolate or nuts.. maybe both?!
- Do you make and give homemade gifts?!
- What would be (or do you think would be) your favorite truffle combo?!