Need a quick portable snack that is healthy and nutritious? Try these cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars. They are vegan, gluten free, low fat, and so easy to make! Naturally sweetened these cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars are perfect for kids lunch boxes, before or after sporting events or workouts for kids and adults or for your afternoon snack. Such a better option than anything you can get out of the vending machine or off your co-workers desk.
Since we moved to Austin, we have had days and days of rain. I have to admit, it's been mentally really difficult. The dog, the cats and Dave are the only people/things I see most days. The gym we found to workout in is pretty empty and because of the rain I haven't had a chance to really meet the neighbors or anyone in town. So I've been doing a ton of cooking and baking to pass the time! Oh and I joined a yoga studio. I think yoga is going to be the key to my sanity over the next few months. Where are my yogis at?
These cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars were made to fulfil a craving I've been having. I have been craving those chewy granola bars. You know the ones with high fructose corn syrup that are chewy, not crunchy and full of fun ingredients. I've also been craving oatmeal raisin cookies like no ones business. These cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars killed two cravings with one recipe.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I have to admit I end up taking on a ton of Dave's allergy eating habits. He was doing gluten free oats for a long time and then one day decided they didn't make him feel he best (I think it was the quantiy of oatmeal he was eating) so he cut the gluten free oats out of his diet. So then they pretty much left my diet as well. We haven't been cooking any grains in the house. Not oatmeal, not quinoa, or beans. And as a mostly vegetarian that has left me eating all the fat and veggies instead to be honest.
And I've been missing these grains lately. I made a bowl of pumpkin oatmeal this past weekend and remembered how much I love oats. So today, I made these yummy gluten free cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars and a big pot of quinoa to enjoy the rest of the week. And guess who is eating these cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars – you guessed it DAVE!! He's ready to slowly try to incorporate gluten free oats back in to see how he feels. I think he misses oatmeal too!
These cinnamon raisin oatmeal protein bars come together in just minutes with the help of your food processor! Simply soak your dates, whirl them in the food processor for a few seconds, add the protein and chia seeds, process again then add the oats. Ready for the oven in under 5 minutes! Pretty simple to make and just as simple to pack for an afternoon snack! The dates provide natural sweeteness and give the chewy consistency I was looking for like those granola bars I was craving!
Protein packed snacks are essential in this household! Make sure to check out these Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Protein Bars and if you're an energy bite fan. Make sure to make these easy No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Energy Bites.
Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Pit the dates. Soak them in hot water for at least 30 minutes to help soften them.
- Add the softened dates to the food processor, reserving the liquid they soaked in.
- Process the dates on high until a paste forms.
- Add the chia seeds, protein powder and date water. Process until combined.
- Add the cinnamon vanilla extract and half the oatmeal. Process until combined.
- Move the mixture to a large bowl. Add in the remaining cup of oats, the raisins and the pumpkin seeds. Stir well until combined.
- Spray a 8X8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour the batter in the pan and make one even layer or batter. You may need to use your hands for this (make sure they are clean)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Drizzle with melted coconut butter. Cool slightly to set the coconut butter
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Crispy or chewy granola bars?
- How do you stay sane when you can't get out of the house?
- Yogi's tell me do you have a favorite You Tube or pod cast you like to listen to when you can't go practice in the studio?