Hey Happy Sunday to everyone! We are having a pretty awesome Sunday morning, it’s a bit chilly, overcast (but not raining), and I have a full cup of coffee to sip on! I’ve also got this awesome chai tea pumpkin butter, pumpkin spiced almond butter, and pancakes awaiting me to snack on before the gym!
I’m loving everything pumpkin this time of year (are you tired of the pumpkin recipes yet?) and got inspired when at Trader Joe’s last week seeing the pumpkin butter displayed out on the aisle end caps. Pumpkin butter has been on my “to make at home” list. Then I saw the pumpkin spiced chai tea and knew that was exactly the combination I wanted to make.
Pumpkin butter is surprisingly easy to make. You combine pumpkin puree with water, add spices and sweeteners, bring to a boil, reduce down to a simmer and let it cook for 30 minutes. That’s it (compared to apple butter that takes hours). Needless to say – this stuff is super easy to make, and is especially good with some pumpkin spiced almond butter. I’m sure this would be amazing on biscuits or on aged white cheddar cheese or dressed up drizzled over some warm brie with crackers and dried cherries .
For this recipe you will need 1 can of pumpkin puree (I used Trader Joe’s organic today), a chai tea bag, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Chai Tea Spiced Pumpkin Butter
Love everything Pumpkin? This Pumpkin Butter will hit the spot with a special chai tea spice twist! Super easy to make and goes with EVERYTHING!
- In a medium sized saucepan, add pumpkin puree, water and tea bag.
- Put over medium high heat and let tea steep 5 minutes while pumpkin pureee is coming to a boil.
- Once puree is boiling, remove the tea bag, turn down the heat to low and add the spices and sugar.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 30 minutes until a thickened.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
What About You?
- Do you prefer pumpkin butter or apple butter?
- How’s your fall mornings now that it’s getting chilly?!