These mango shrimp tacos are exploding with sweet and fiery flavor and ready in 15 minutes or less. Naturally low fat, gluten free, and high in protein, these tacos are the perfect weeknight dinner idea! Not only that but they are also packed with turmeric, which gives this dish anti-inflammatory properties. So it’s the perfect dish to eat after a long run or an intense workout! This is how I like to recover from an intense day, Mango Shrimp Tacos!
The shrimp are roasted in the oven. They literally take 9 minutes to cook. I tend to get into trouble when I make shrimp this way. They are just so easy to pop in my mouth while I’m waiting on the tortillas to be done crisping up in the oven. I am forever grateful that Dave doesn’t like shrimp. So these Mango Shrimp Tacos were ALL FOR ME! And they were amazing! I love to make dishes like this when we have company. People can mix and match toppings depending on what they love. This sriracha mango sauce would be amazing with grilled chicken or on tofu. But who am I kidding, I just LOVE tacos! Who’s with me?
I didn’t know Taco Tuesday was a thing growing up. Taco night was quite literally my favorite night though. I think it gave my mom a bit of a break in the kitchen. I remember opening the taco shell kits with the packets of salsa and just pouring it all over my crunchy tacos. Although looking back now, I’m sure these kind of nights weren’t all that special, it was an awesome way to experience another cultures flavors as a small kid. We didn’t go out to eat much and my mom cooked very traditional American dishes, so tacos were such a treat! Even today, I still love tacos and have started to play around with flavors.
This dish is a combination of sweet and fiery sriracha sauce. I am quite literally obsessed with sriracha lately. It goes on all of my eggs, and my tacos, and salads. Pretty much anything that isn’t sweet! It’s perfect in these Orange Tofu Buddha bowls or the Asian Zoodle Buddha Bowls. I almost smothered Dave’s healthy Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps in sriracha as well, but he doesn’t love spicy like I do. But even he loved this sriracha mango sauce! So I’m going to call it a winner!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
If you are new to cooking, especially cooking healthy, shrimp can be an awesome dish to master. Shrimp was one of the first non-vegetable things I learned how to cook. I had been watching cooking shows since I was 7-8 and knew that shrimp would let you know when they are done. They get bright pink and curl up. I also learned from experience that there is a very fine line between perfectly cooked shrimp and rubber. Yes, it’s an experience I believe we all go through.
So my tip is roast the shrimp in the oven. Take them out after 8-9 minutes and perfection guaranteed. The shrimp was simply dressed with lime juice, garlic powder, fresh cilantro and salt. Even without the sriracha mango sauce, these shrimp were dynamite just the way they were. I ate 5-6 right out of the pan and was literally salivating while I was taking pictures.
The sriracha mango sauce came together very quickly while the shrimp were in the oven roasting. I simply defrosted some frozen mango (from Trader Joe’s), combined it with sriracha, lime juice, and a touch of honey to balance out the heat. I decided to add turmeric to the blended sriracha and mango mixture at the last minute and I’m so glad I did. Have you tried turmeric before? It’s a spice you might recognize from curry or even good old Yellow Mustard. That’s right turmeric is responsible for making Yellow Mustard yellow!
Mango Shrimp Tacos Spotlight
Turmeric has been shown to be a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body. I highly recommend adding turmeric to your daily diet. Here are some other amazing benefits of eating turmeric:
- Turmeric has a compound called curcumin, which is the antioxidant that reduces inflammation and helps prevent sickness.
- During intense workout sessions, you create small tears in the muscles, which cause inflammation in the body. To help your body quickly recover from these tough workouts, you can add turmeric to your diet. Because it has anti-inflammatory effects in the body, can help your muscles recover quicker
- Keep blood platelets from clumping together as well as keep reduce the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
- Help ease stomach aches. Turmeric was shown to help reduce bloating and gas
- Relieve pain. Since turmeric is powerful anti-inflammatory effects, it has been studied as a way to help reduce the pain caused by osteoarthritis.
Sriracha Mango Shrimp Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add tortilla shells to a large pan that has been lined with foil and sprayed lightly with coconut oil.
- Once oven is preheated, put corn tortillas in the oven on the lower rack.
- While tortillas are baking, combine the shrimp, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and fresh cilantro in a bowl. Add the shrimp to a roasting pan lined with foil for easy clean up. Place in the oven on the top rack for 8-9 minutes. Be sure to set a timer.
- While the shrimp are cooking, combine the defrosted mango and sriracha in a blender or with an immersion blender. Blend until smooth. Add the lime juice, salt, turmeric and honey to the sriracha mango mixture and blend. Taste and add additional lime or honey based on your personal preferences.
- Chop veggies while you are waiting for the shrimp. Once the timer goes off, remove the shrimp from the oven. Take the tortillas out of the oven and flip them over. Squeeze them with the remaining 1/2 lime and sprinkle lightly with salt. Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Did you have taco night as a kid? What was your favorite, hard or soft shells?
- Do you love sriracha?
- What flavor combination can you not get enough of lately?