These simple chocolate energy bites are the perfect delivery system for my favorite flavor… CHOCOLATE of course! You really can’t go wrong with chocolate, in my humble opinion. And these chocolate energy bites deliver everything you need in just one small bite!
Protein to help mend those muscles you worked doing the HIIT for Beginners Workout, natural sugars to help restore your depleted carbohydrates stores and healthy fats from the sunflower seeds! Did I mention they are chocolate, oh yeah chocolate can be so healthy! These are gluten free, vegan, and have a paleo option.
When I first started eating dates, I have to admit, I was obsessed. I’d pop a date in my mouth and pretty soon there would be 3-4 gone in seconds. Then I started smothering them in cashew walnut coconut butter, heaven I tell you. But I noticed I was going to this snack a little too often, and even though dates are a natural sugar, they are still processed likes sugar in the body, and most of the time that means I eat it in excess.
I’ve learned how to recognize and try to control my binge eating tendencies. I sometimes forget that food is fuel and that there will in fact be more food tomorrow for me to eat. But that’s why I love these little energy bites, one or two and I’m full! It’s the perfect portion size but they are filling enough that I don’t want to eat them all at once. I’m sure I could if I wanted to but they are very satisfying and I look forward to having another tomorrow, and that in my book is a healthy snack!
These simple chocolate energy bites are great to fuel a long workout, or the perfect way to recover and refuel after a long workout. They are my preferred method to replenish lost energy after a heavy weight training session or spin class. The dates make the chocolate sweet without losing the chocolate flavor. Cacao nibs add a bit of texture and more dark chocolate flavor. You could also use dark chocolate chips if you don’t have cacao nibs.
GET 10 OF MY DELICIOUS NO-BAKE ENERGY BITE RECIPES IN THIS FREE EBOOK
These energy balls come together in just 5 minutes, so they are the perfect fuel for a family hike, bike ride or to take out on the beach for a healthy energy bite size snack! All you need is a food processor!
Chocolate Energy Bites Recipe Tips
The chocolate flavor comes from Sunwarrior Chocolate Protein Powder. Sunwarrior is one of the first protein powders I ever bought and didn’t hate! I found it’s the perfect consistency to bake with and I almost always have a container or two in my pantry. When I was approached by Hawke Influence to try the new improved Sunwarrior Protein Powder, I jumped at the opportunity! Please know that all opinions are always my own.
Simple Chocolate Energy Bites
- In a food processor, add datees and sunflower seeds. Turn on and process 30 seconds.
- Take off the lid and add the water, chocolate protein powder, and chia seeds. Process 1
- Add coconut flour and process 30 seconds to 1 minute. This will get thick fast.
- Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips or coconut flakes, Pulse to combine.
- Take the lid off and carefully remove the blade, scraping off any excess from the blade with your spatula.
- Make into small balls (about a tablespoon worth) by rolling the dough into balls using your hands.
- Refrigerate 2 hours for best texture.
- Serving is 2 energy bites.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don’t forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Chocolate or fruity or salty snack food?
- Do you have a favorite way to enjoy dates?
- What is your guilty pleasure after a tough workout?