Fluffy, light pancakes that are bursting with peanut butter flavor with none of the fat! These peanut butter pancakes are high in protein, gluten free, and come together in a cinch. No blender or fancy equipment needed!
National Peanut Butter Day was Saturday, January 24th. Dave and I decided to celebrate all weekend! Saturday's pancakes were smothered in the last bit of cinnamon raisin peanut butter and Sunday we had these peanut butter protein pancakes before hitting the gym. Let me tell you I've been a happy girl :)
My secret ingredient in these pancakes you ask? It's peanut flour! Maybe you've seen it before. PB2 is a great example! I don't buy this brand because of the added sugar, but it's great! I use Protein Plus Peanut Flour (affiliate link!). It is a staple in my house and has been for years. It's defatted peanuts that are roasted and ground into flour. They remove the fat and all the protein and peanut flavor remains. I like mix it with water or cashew milk, stevia, and sometimes greek yogurt. Try using it as a dip for apples; it's so good!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
But it's also great to bake with. You can replace some of the flour in a recipe with the peanut flour and boom, your recipe tastes like it's full of peanut butter without all the added fat! Not that peanut butter should be avoided, just eaten in moderation like all good things :) I'm still trying to teach myself this lesson.
These pancakes are full of fiber, protein, and even have a few servings of fruit in them! These get nice and fluffy and tender when cooking. Paired with your favorite fruit and a cup of coffee, these are the perfect way to your day.
If you're looking for other pancake ideas, check out these Spiced Apple Oat Pancakes!
Peanut Butter Pancakes
- 1 medium banana - mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup old fashion oats
- 2 scoop protein powder - I used NOW brand
- 1/4 cup peanut flour - I used Peanut Plus
- 2 tbs. cashew meal - almond meal would also work
- 1/4 tsp. stevia - about 2-3 packets sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana.
- Add applesauce and egg whites. Mix to combine fully.
- Add oats and pea protein, mix. Add peanut flour and mix to ensure all lumps are removed.
- Add cashew meal, stevia, vanilla extract and salt. Mix to fully combine.
- Add baking soda and baking powder. Stir and let rest while pan is preheating.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat or a large saute pan.
- Spray with coconut oil or nonstick spray of choice, make pancakes using about 3 tablespoon of batter for each.
- Allow pancakes to cook 5-6 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes and allow to cook on the next side 3-4 minutes or until pancake is firm to the touch.
- Remove from heat, top with favorite fruit or jam. Serve with syrup!
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Did you celebrate National Peanut Butter Day?
- What is your favorite fruit pair with peanut butter?
- Do you put peanut butter on your pancakes?