Carrot cake pancakes are hands down the best way to start the day! Made with gluten free oats, these pancakes are filling and don’t even need syrup! Packed with protein, fiber and veggies, these pancakes are definitely going to become part of your weekend routine.
Dave and I have had a whirlwind weekend. After an incredible talk with my boss at the gym, Dave and I are exploring a brand new avenue for our little company and that meant time for celebrating this morning. Carrot cake is my go-to celebration flavor. I have had carrot cake as my birthday cake since I can remember, it’s always been my request. And little moments require celebration. And since cake at 10am isn’t exactly the picture of health, I had to get creative.
These carrot cake pancakes are tender and fluffy and the layer of coconut frosting, make these pancakes extraordinary! Oh and of course they are super healthy! Full of carrots, gluten free oats, protein powder, coconut flour and sweetened with banana and applesauce. These pancakes will make any morning feel like a celebration! However, I’m sure if you ask Dave, he would have rather celebrated with Red Velvet pancakes, luckily I didn’t ask him :) He did happily devour all his carrot cake pancakes though!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I will be sure to share the details as it gets closer to becoming a reality. There are too many things up in the air right now, but I’m excited for the opportunity!!
Today was the first day I really felt like spring was right around the corner. I know it’s not even March yet, but it was 65 degrees here in Charlotte. I can’t wait to be able to take the dog for a walk again without my fingers freezing off! It’s the small things I’m going to celebrate this year :) Oh and the idea of walking around at 10:30 in the morning on a perfect spring day when I used to be at work makes me just a tad bit giddy, I have to be honest.
Another thing to celebrate, tomorrow starts the 30 Day Spring Into Fat Loss Challenge. I can’t wait to get that going, we have a great group of girls signed up and I know they are going to rock this challenge. I know this will help keep me accountable for my workouts and healthy eating during this planning phase for the business. It’s not too late to get signed up, you can still join, I promise you will love the program and the fun prizes we have!
Ok back to the pancakes, that’s the real reason you stopped by today right? I actually posted this recipe quite some time ago but the pictures were terrible and it was in a WIAW post, not the best idea to put recipes in those posts. So I’m updating the pictures and tweaking the ingredients a bit to compliment our now gluten free house.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 banana mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbs. gluten free oat flour
- 2 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 6 egg whites
- 2 large carrots grated - about ½ cup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tbs pecans chopped
- 2 tbs raisins
- Grate carrots and set aside in a bowl.
- Mix mashed banana and applesauce in a large bowl. Add egg whites and combine thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix until all dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add grated carrots and coconut flakes
- Spoon onto a hot griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (coconut oil).
- You may need to help the pancakes out by spreading them out into manageable rounds.
- Cook 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip pancakes and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Serve with maple coconut butter frosting.
- Heat the coconut milk up in the microwave until warm. Stir in the coconut butter slowly, mixing as you stir. Add the chia seeds. You might find that it gets a little thick, you can add some additional coconut butter to thin it out if needed
- Makes 8 large pancakes. Can be 2-4 servings.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- What flavor pancakes would you like to have for a celebration?
- Does it feel like spring where you are today?
- What is the one small thing you are celebrating today?