This crockpot low carb vegetable soup is sure to become one of your favorite simple healthy soup recipes! Since it cooks all day in the slow cooker, this soup is perfect for busy weeknights or warming up on a cold day! You will not believe how many veggies are packed into this vegan, gluten free, dairy free, low carb, paleo and Whole30 soup!
Why you’ll love this low carb vegetable soup
Soup is one of those comfort foods you just crave in the winter time! It’s simple to make and can instantly make you feel like you are getting a warm hug from the inside!
This recipe for crockpot low carb vegetable soup takes the classic veggie soup recipe you know and love and adds in even more veggies to help you stay full and satisfied while staying low on carbs! Packed with flavor from the Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar, this soup will have everyone asking for seconds!
You are going to love this recipe because it requires minimal prep. All you have to do is chop up an onion (and you can omit that if you are really short on time). Just throw all the ingredients in your crockpot and let them cook while you are at work or out running errands.
How do you make crockpot low carb vegetable soup:
To make this crockpot low carb vegetable soup simply add these ingredients to your crockpot:
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Frozen chopped vegetables
- Frozen chopped bell peppers
- Frozen spinach or kale
- Chopped white onion
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and spices
- Bay leaf (optional)
Stir the ingredients in the slow cooker to make sure everything is combined and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or high for 4-6).
What other ingredients can add flavor:
How to make this low carb vegetable soup a main dish:
Add your favorite protein!
If you want to add protein to cook in the crockpot:
- Quickly brown ground turkey or ground beef in a skillet before adding it to the bottom of the crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook per directions
- Add chicken breast or turkey breast whole to the crockpot. After cooking, remove the chicken breast or turkey breast and shred with 2 forks. Add the shredded meat back to the soup
If you want to add protein after you made this crockpot low carb vegetable soup you could add:
Is Vegetable Soup Healthy?
This vegetable soup is low in carbs and calories and is packed full of fiber and water! Starting a meal with a broth and vegetable soup can help lower your overall calorie intake and also increase your serving of vegetables in the meal, helping you feel full on less calories.
Also because soup is served hot and requires you to slowly eat it, it forces you to slow down during your meal, helping your hunger signals reach your brain by the end of your meal instead of 10 minutes after your meal.
If you love this slow cooker recipe you should try:
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Whole30 Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef
- Slow Cooker Red Lentil Curry
Crockpot Low Carb Vegetable Soup$13.73 Recipe/$1.72 Serving
Guided Recipe Video
- 1/2 large white onion - $0.17
- 2 packages frozen cauliflower rice - $3.98
- 1 package frozen vegetables (Mediterranean Blend) - $2.29
- 1/2 package frozen sliced peppers - $1.00
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or frozen kale) - $1.00
- 3 cups vegetable broth - $1.31
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes - $1.75
- 2 tbsp tomato paste - $0.16
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar - $0.94
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos - $0.53
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning - $0.50
- 2 tsp salt - $0.10
- Dice the large white onion.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot and stir the crockpot
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high on 4-6 hours