I’m so excited to share these Gluten-Free, Vegan Cranberry Blackberry Tarts with you today. I made two different crusts and they were both phenomenal so I’ll share both options with you!
I’ve really been enjoying my recent eats. It’s full blown everything Thanksgiving between testing recipes for the blog and Thanksgiving menu. Needless to say most of my eats this week are Thanksgiving leftover remakes!! Dave was nice enough to eat all my wild rice stuffing (he really liked it) and I was more than happy to share considering I also made quinoa salad to eat my way through this week.
The quinoa salad is a simple dish with elegant presentation and a delightfully flavorful dressing. Have I mentioned to you guys that I’m obsessed with maple syrup lately? Omg my waist line is starting to show it too! I think we might need to break up. 🙁 But maple syrup is amazing and all natural so I’m pretty sure it’s worth the calories. I heart you maple syrup.
I was really missing pumpkin pie after eating so many Thanksgiving flavors this week so I decided to make individual crustless pumpkin pies after yoga on Monday night. These are great and so easy to make (recipe tomorrow). They star my favorite ingredient maple syrup. You’ve got to try them ok? I have an awesome gluten free crust recipe below you could add the pumpkin custard to and make individual pumpkin pies as well. Come back tomorrow for the low-fat crustless pumpkin pie recipe (it’s only got 6 ingredients and I guarantee you probably have them in the pantry or fridge right now)!
I snacked on a cranberry blackberry tart and cinnamon spiced greek yogurt. It was seriously so good. I savored every bite!
Before the gym I had a dark chocolate orange green smoothie. I’m so glad I had something enjoyable before the gym because I ended up doing 20 minutes on the
death stair machine after lifting and it was a special kind of awful. I haven’t done stairs in awhile and there is no way to read a book or look at my phone so I was stuck staring at the time slowly counting down. Again special kind of hell. After the gym I was super excited to share my cranberry blackberry tart with Dave and got two thumbs up woohoo!!
Cranberry Blackberry Tarts
Gluten-Free, Vegan Cranberry Blackberry Tarts
Crust Version 1
Crust Version 2
Crust Version 1
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Microwave for 20-25 seconds to ensure coconut oil is melted.
- Stir again to make sure the ingredients are combined. Add to a small springform pan.
- Press down on the bottom and up the sides so that the tart filling has somewhere to rest.
- Blind bake 15 minutes at 350.
Crust Version 2
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. If needed, microwave to ensure the nut butter is pliable enough to mix thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- Press into a small springform pan.
- Press down on the bottom and up the sides so that the tart filling has somewhere to rest. Blind bake 15 minutes at 350.
Cranberry Blackberry Filling
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and the water begins to evaporate.
- Take off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add to tart bases and cook 7 minutes at 350.
Enjoy with cinnamon spiced greek yogurt or chopped pecans.
What about you?
- Do you repurpose your leftovers or eat them in their original state?
- Do you like pomegranates? Can you cut a pomegranate?
- Thoughts on the
deathstair machine – love it or hate it?