Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies aka my weakness. Luckily these chocolate chip cookies are super simple to make, full of protein and fiber, gluten free, vegan, low(er) fat and can be made in just one bowl! Actually, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is quite healthy, so turn on your oven and lets get baking!
Is everyone else still all about the pumpkin? Thanksgiving is soon approaching, and until then, I’m still all about the pumpkin (and pumpkin spice). These cookies are so filling, they can easily fill you up, and are the perfect afternoon or post workout snack. However, I don’t have
So I have a few confessions to make in regards to these cookies.
First, I can’t make vegan cookies without eating at least 2 cookies worth of cookie dough.
Second, I’ve made this recipe 5 times. Although I’ve made these cookies 5 times in 3 weeks, I had to make them again tonight to ensure I knew all the ingredients and the cooking time. Which leads me to my next confession.
I forget to write down the temperature of the oven of my recipes. Which leaves me scrambling the night I post recipes to remake the recipe to ensure I have all the ingredients correctly measured and the oven temperature just right. Even worse, sometimes I don’t get to post the recipe here because I don’t have time to retest the recipe.
Oh and cookies are my weakness. Since I was little, homemade cookies have been my weakness. My mom would let me help her make cookies as far back as I can remember. I used to love to help her mix in the chocolate chips. I would always sneak a few when she wasn’t looking.
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 scoop vanilla protein powder I used Raw Fusion
- 3 tbs. coconut flour
- 2 tbs brown rice flour
- 2 tbs. tapioca flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder gluten free
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips use dairy free chocolate chips for vegan
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips use dairy free chocolate chips for vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add the water and the chia seeds. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and applesauce. Stir to combine.
- Add protein powder, coconut flour, brown rice flour and tapioca flour. Stir to combine.
- Add vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Stir to incorporate.
- Add parchment paper to a cookie sheet, and spray with coconut spray.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough onto the parchment paper. You should be able to make about 20 cookies from this dough.
- Bake for 16 minutes at 350.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely before enjoying.
What About You?
- What is your favorite flavor of cookie? Chocolate chip, cinnamon raisin, macadamia nut?
- What’s your favorite Christmas cookie?