High in protein and fiber, this peanut butter overnight oats is made with protein powder and peanut flour packing an amazing punch to your normal oatmeal routine. Give this recipe a try, I guarantee you won’t be sorry. Perhaps the best part, no cooking involved in this recipe!
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are especially wonderful eaten out of a mason jar on a warm summer morning sitting on your back deck, accompanied by a great big cup of coffee. A girl can dream right? Let’s be honest though, these oats are just as good sitting at your desk in the office. You don’t have to fumble with the office microwave or eat packaged processed oatmeal that ends up leaving you hungry an hour later!
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Spotlight
In the morning, you will notice the mixture has almost doubled in volume. Those chia seeds absorb about 6 times their weight in water, helping you feel fuller from less food. In addition to their filling qualities, another great reason to add chia to your breakfast routine (either here or in a green smoothie perhaps) is they contain omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
Peanut flour was one of my favorite finds when learning how to eat clean. I love peanut butter! However, I sometimes want the peanut butter flavor without all the fat and calories. Peanut flour can be mixed in as an ingredient (like in this recipe) or mixed with water to form a paste that tastes exactly like peanut butter (and is divine on a cut up banana). Peanut flour is high in protein and is a good source of vitamin E, folate, fiber, niacin, magnesium and phosphorus.
Peanut flour is essentially defatted peanuts (all the oil is removed) that are then ground into flour. The only ingredient in the peanut flour I use is peanuts. The flour retains all the great properties of peanuts; low in carbohydrates, high in protein and the removal of the oil makes it low in fat. All the properties of a great clean eating ingredient!
Protein Packed Oatmeal
- ¼ cup old fashion oats**
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbs peanut flour - I use Protein Plus brand
- 2/3 cup hot water
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 packets stevia - or 2 small scoops of Extract powder
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup almond - or coconut milk
- 1 scoop strawberry protein powder - I use strawberry egg white protein powder*
- *Use Plant based protein to make vegan
- **Use certified gluten free oats for GF
- Add oats, chia, stevia and cinnamon to a large travel ready container (I use a mason jar) and pour in the hot water. Stir immediately and let sit 2-3 minutes. Add peanut flour and mix until all the lumps are gone. Add frozen blueberries and almond milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir in protein powder and any other mix in’s you prefer. I like to add some fresh fruit and a few nuts for crunch.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
* This post may contain affiliate links.