These simple gluten free dairy free chocolate chip cookies are going to become your new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are grain free, gluten free, paleo, and packed with protein!
I am always trying to recreate the memories I have from baking cookies with my mom as a kid. Chocolate chip was a family favorite! We used to make them in the stand mixer and my favorite part was adding the chocolate chips and eating cookie dough from the paddles. My other favorite as a kid was peanut butter cup cookies (which you NEED to make during the holidays).
Why you'll love these Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I came up with this recipe for gluten free dairy free chocolate chip cookies after a few of you asked me for a chocolate chip recipe using collagen peptides. I know how difficult it can be to have allergies in the family, and some of you cannot have gluten, dairy or legumes (so plant protein is also off limits for you), and I hope to create recipes that you can use no matter what your allergies might be! If you don't have collagen peptides, don't worry, you can just omit them, it won't change the consistency of the cookies at all. The collagen adds protein and is thought to help with muscle and joint elasticity as well as improving gut health (which is why I love it).
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I also try to create recipes that are simple to follow. I know how frustrating it can be to get a recipe and need 10 dishes and the mixer. Not this recipe. You need one bowl, a measuring cup and a few measuring spoons. That's it! You can mix everything in one bowl with a fork or a spoon! They really are that simple!
Be sure to let the batter for these gluten free dairy free chocolate chip cookies rest for at least 5 minutes before you scoop out the cookies onto the sheet. I know this seems like a step you can skip, but the coconut flour and almond flour need a few minutes to absorb the liquid, so don't skip this or your cookies will be flat and run into each other (I'm telling you this from experience).
This recipe can be altered a few ways to make it more allergy friendly if needed! The base of this chocolate chip cookie recipe is almond butter and almond flour. If you have a tree nut allergy, I have a recommendation for you as well! Sunbutter and sunflower seed meal! Yup you can buy it on Amazon, it's great to have in a pinch but you can also make your own sunflower seed meal (just like almond meal). All you need is your food processor! But back to these gluten free dairy free cookies! You will want to pick up some dairy free chocolate chips, my favorite brand is Enjoy Life! I used the mini chocolate chips for these cookies, since I like a little bit of chocolate in every bite. Dave would probably prefer the mega chunks but these cookies were not for him 🙂
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together the almond butter and apple sauce in a large bowl. Stir to combine (you may need to microwave this mixture for 20 seconds if the applesauce was cold)
- Add the eggs, egg white, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the almond butter and applesauce mixture. Stir well.
- Add the almond meal, coconut flour and stir well
- Add in the baking powder, salt and optional collagen peptides, stir to combine.
- Add in chocolate chips, stir well.
- Let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes on the counter
- Add parchment paper or a silicone liner to a baking sheet. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out 1 tbs. of the batter at a time and place it on the baking sheet, leaving a little room for the cookies to expand.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before enjoying.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Tell me what was your favorite cookie to make when you were little?
- Have you ever used collagen peptides for baking?