Well if that title didn’t catch your eye, I’ll restate it here. Today I bring you chocolate peanut butter – no sugar added. Can we stop and do a little happy dance right now? Yes, I’m addicted to peanut butter, and yes everything is better with chocolate – so why not combine them! Tis the season :) Homemade peanut butter is one of the easiest and inexpensive nut butters you can make. It took me under 3 minutes to have peanut butter, another 2 mintues to have chocolate peanut butter. Just sayin. And it cost me less than a dollar.
I love making my own nut butters. I have a pretty old food processor and it’s small, so my batches are not huge, usually between 1 1/2 cups – 3 cups of nuts at a time. This is actually the perfect amount for me, I usually go on a little “put homemade nut butter on everything” stage. Pancakes, bananas, Greek yogurt, smoothies, oats, or homemade English muffins. But usually because I have little to no self control – straight out of the jar!
I know many of us are elbow deep in Christmas cookies at the moment. Make some of this chocolate peanut butter and swap it out for your peanut butter when you make peanut butter cookies – drooling! That peanut butter fudge – oh yes, this would be amazing swirled in. Really the possibilities are endless. I’m going to make protein puppy chow and guess what the base is going to be – you guessed it :) Chocolate Peanut Butter! Come back tomorrow for that recipe and a little Christmas happiness!
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I know you are probably addicted to Nutella right? Well try this out once and maybe, just maybe, you will have a new love. The price tag couldn’t be better and guess what, this is vegan and sugar free. Not something store bought Nutella can brag about! Want to know what else is amazing with chocolate peanut butter? Bananas Bread!
On that note, I’ve got some chocolate peanut butter to go eat – so until tomorrow my friends!
Find out how easy this chocolate peanut butter recipe is to make with this video!
Chocolate Peanut Butter (sugar free)
Guided Recipe Video
- In a food process, add the peanuts and blitz until creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides once. Be patient this takes 2-3 minutes! Trust the process my friends!
- Once peanut butter is smooth and creamy, add the cocoa powder and stevia. Blitz until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla and blitz again.
- Pour into a airtight container and store in the fridge 1-2 weeks.
- To soften, you can put the peanut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds once refrigerated.
What About You?
- Do you make homemade peanut butter?
- Whats your favorite thing to put your peanut butter on?