Whether you are looking for a simple sweet or savory breakfast idea, these paleo sweet potato waffles are a must make! Vegetarian, grain free, gluten free and simple to make! All you need is a waffle iron!
I have a confession to make! I longed for a waffle iron for almost 3 years. Pretty much since Dave and I started dating, I’ve been saying “I need a waffle iron”. Finally one afternoon I said, I want waffles and ordered a waffle iron on Amazon (affiliate link). BEST IDEA EVER!More of a pancake lover? Try these low carb pumpkin pancakes!
I won’t tell you how the first batch of waffles turned out. Because well it wasn’t pretty. But these paleo sweet potatoes waffles were amazing from day 1! These waffles are so simple to make, I love having them on my high carb days after an intense workout – they are like dessert when you cover them in diced apples, maple syrup and drippy almond butter (my favorite way)!
You could also make them savory if sweet waffles aren’t your thing! If you love savory waffles, you have to try my whole30 approved cauliflower waffles as well!
These sweet potato waffles do require that you shred the sweet potatoes. I slaved over my little hand shredder the first time but I remember that my food processor does this for me in less than 5 seconds. You could also use a spiralizer, and chop the noodles into more manageable sizes! Either way, once you have the sweet potato shredded, just combine it with eggs and cook on high for 5-6 minutes! That’s all you have to do for perfect paleo sweet potato waffles today!
So I have to know do you want your waffles sweet?
Watch how easy these Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles are to make! If you love waffles and want a savory option, check out these Cauliflower Waffles.
Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles
- Preheat the waffle iron
- Peel and shred the sweet potato using a hand grater or a food processor, with the grating blade
- in a large bowl, add the egg and egg whites to the shredded sweet potato and stir well.
- Add in the salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add the optional collagen peptides, and stir well making sure they are combined
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray like avocado oil or coconut oil
- Divide the mixture so that you can make one large or two small waffles
- Cook for 6 minutes, or until crispy.
What about you?
- What is one kitchen gadget you just had to have?
- Do you have a favorite waffle recipe
- Savory or sweet waffles?