Fall is officially upon us and that means pumpkin spice everything right? These no bake paleo pumpkin bites are sure to deliver on your pumpkin fix! Medjool dates stuffed with pumpkin butter topped in chocolate. It’s like a pumpkin flavored snickers, but WAY healthier! Grain free, gluten free, paleo, vegan and so irresistible!
I have to tell you guys, I’m a sucker for all the pumpkin spice and apple flavored everything but I simply do not want the weather to change. We just moved to the beach. It’s sunny, gorgeous and in the mid-80’s this week. Can it just stay this way forever? I don’t mind sipping on pumpkin spiced coffee while eating a no bake paleo pumpkin bite in 80 degree weather. I know everyone else is so ready for sweaters and boots and I’m hanging on to the summer for as long as possible!
Last year we moved to Austin, where it never gets cold, so I think it’s easier for me to just embrace the pumpkin flavored things in the heat. What about you? Have you had a PSL yet or grabbed a pumpkin from the store yet to decorate your house with? Make sure you don’t leave the store without dates, a can of pumpkin puree and some pumpkin spice so you can make these no bake paleo pumpkin bites.
GET 10 OF MY DELICIOUS NO-BAKE ENERGY BITE RECIPES IN THIS FREE EBOOK
Why you’ll love these No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Bites
These no bake paleo pumpkin bites require very little hands on time to make. You don’t need a food processor or anything crazy. Just a mixing bowl and a spoon!
Back to these pumpkin bites. These really are so simple to make. Here are a few things to note if you are strict paleo:
If you are following a paleo diet, the vegan protein powder noted in this recipe is not paleo. Simply omit the protein powder and use 2 scoops of collagen peptides in its place. If you are not using a vegan protein powder, you won’t need the extra 3 tbs. of pumpkin puree, and you may want to add an additional 1 tbs. of maple syrup depending on how sweet you want these to be (remember the dates are very sweet on their own).
I personally like to make my own high protein chocolate drizzle using vegan protein powder and cacao powder. However you can make this paleo by just combining coconut oil with cacao powder and adding a few (1-2) tbs. of coconut sugar. To keep this paleo, you will want to combine 1/4 cup coconut oil with 1/4 cup + 3 tbs. cacao powder.
If making your own chocolate drizzle sounds too complicated, that’s ok too! You can just melt 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds at a time) and drizzle that over the date bites as well!
What I used in this recipe
- Almond butter
- Organic Pumpkin Puree
- Coconut oil
- Vegan Protein Powder
- Vital Protein, Collagen Peptides
- Cacao powder
- EnjoyLife Chocolate Chips
No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Bites
Guided Recipe Video
- 1/2 cup nut butter - almond, cashew, sunflower seed, peanut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree - unsweetened (+ 3 tbs*)
- 1-2 tbs. maple syrup*
- 1/2 scoop Vegan Protein Powder - vanilla or 2 scoops collagen peptides (if paleo)*
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 15 dates - cut lengthwise, pits removed
- 1/4 cup pecans - raw unsalted, chopped
- Combine the pumpkin puree with your nut butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the pumpkin spice and maple syrup and protein powder (either vanilla or collagen peptides . If you are using a vegan protein powder, you are going to want to add 3 extra tablespoons of pumpkin puree.
- Once your pumpkin mixture is done, cut the dates lengthwise, remove the pit and stuff them with the pumpkin mixture.
- Place them in the fridge to cool slightly while you make the chocolate drizzle.
- Melt the coconut oil (in pan or microwave) in a medium bowl.
- Add the chocolate protein powder and cacao to the coconut oil and stir until all the lumps are removed.
- Add the coconut sugar and pinch of salt. Stir well to incorporate.
- Remove the dates from the fridge.
- Add a few chopped pecans to each of the dates.
- Drizzle in chocolate over a sheet of wax paper and place in the fridge to cool (20 minutes).
- Enjoy! Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week!
- See post for substitutions!