Try these simple vegan cheesecake stuffed strawberries to satisfy your sweet tooth without any added sugar. Gluten free, vegan and so easy to make.
Cheesecake was always a special treat at my house. My mom makes amazing cheesecakes and I remember having to wait for them to cool off was literally the worst. I’ve tried time and again to make healthier versions of cheesecake but let’s be honest the low fat/fat free cream cheese is mostly added chemicals and all that sugar cannot easily be replaced. So I started to deconstruct the cheesecake. What was my favorite part?
In the end I realized it was the creamy texture with the graham cracker crust that I really loved. And when I discovered a box of gluten free graham cracker crumbs in the pantry and it was heaven in the making. That’s how these simple vegan cheesecake stuffed strawberries were born!
The key to this recipe being super simple is that you have to plan ahead. Much like traditional cheesecake you can’t just have the inclination for cheesecake and have it magically appear without some work. But luckily this is much simpler than making a full cheesecake.
All you have to do is soak the raw cashews overnight. Or if you are really in a hurry, soak the raw cashews for at least 2 hours in boiling hot water. Then drain and throw in the food processor and whirl them around until smooth. You will probably need some milk to help get the right consistency. I would start with 2-3 tbs. and add a little at a time. Once nice and creamy you can add the vanilla, stevia and optional cheesecake flavoring. Blend again and you are ready to stuff your strawberries!
To get your strawberries ready to be stuffed, you have to first remove the stem. To do this, simply cut down around the stem making a cone shape. I like to go around the stem once then go around again once the stem is removed, trying to get down as deep as possible into each strawberry. Once you have made the cavity, all you have to do is spoon in the cashew cheesecake mixture and top with ground graham crackers. Cheesecake stuffed strawberries really are so simple, even your kids could help!
Want to make sure you are fully prepared to make this recipe? Make sure you have the following items on hand all summer long!
- Food processor
- Raw cashews
- Gluten free graham crackers
- Cheesecake flavoring
- Fresh strawberries
My advice is make an entire batch of these and let them sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to let all the flavors come together. Hide them from your kiddos or your significant other unless you want to have all your strawberries stolen from you!
Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Soak the cashews in hot water at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Add to food processor with 2-3 tbs. milk. Process on high for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor, add the vanilla, stevia and cheesecake flavoring. Process until completely smooth.
- Carefully remove the stems from the strawberries using a pairing knife.
- With a spoon, fill the strawberries with the cashew mixture
- Sprinkle with ground gluten free graham cracker crumbs.
What about you?
- Tell me what is your favorite flavor of cheesecake?
- Have you ever had a stuffed strawberry?
- Graham cracker crumb crust or oreo cookie crust?