This elegant parfait is a cinch to put together. It only requires a few ingredients and a little time in the fridge. Breakfast, dessert, or snack – It’s perfect for entertaining during the holiday season!
Well it’s 8 days to Christmas does that make anyone else just a little bit excited or nervous? PS. to all my Jewish friends Happy Hanukkah!
Let me tell you guys, there is just a tad bit of stress here because well, I haven’t bought a single present. I like to live on the wild side! My sweet parents requested that I cook dinner for them a few nights, so that will be a gift I am more than happy to deliver!
On the food front, I’ve been doing my best to keep my diet somewhat in check aka eat more than just cookies. Although I have contemplated that more than once!
I’ve been testing recipes this week and made baked pear oatmeal with walnut crumble. It’s so refreshing being able to start each morning with warm oats. What a change from my green smoothie routine!
My favorite part about making huge batches of lentil soup is that I’ve had lunch ready for the past few mornings. Needless to say, I’ve been eating my way through Lentil Soup with Wine Braised Shallots and Hemp Almond Flax Crackers and don’t have one complain except now they are gone. I also revisited an old staple in my diet… kale chips! After discovering I had a plethora of kale on hand, I knew this was the way to go! This weekend I made half of them with just salt and pepper and the other half with Webers roasted garlic. <– I seriously love that stuff! I have been taking a sandwich bag with me to work and they are so yummy and my newest way to get my greens!
Snacks other than the kale chips include these Chocolate Chunk Walnut Cookies (surprise) and these little cuties! I can’t get enough and they make my hands smell like heaven! LoL I’m sure everyone around my cube at work appreciates this too!
I bought a carton of Coconut Nog and had a serious craving for some holiday flavors. You guys know I made an Eggnog Gingerbread Smoothie last week and was trying to get the flavors I loved from that without having to break out the blender. So I decided that chia pudding would be the perfect dessert using eggnog! This was so easy, maybe too easy to make and was so light and full of the eggnog flavor I enjoy this time of the year.
Eggnog Chia Parfait
- 3 tbs. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Coconut Nog
- 1/2 cup Almond Coconut Milk
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder plant based works best
- 3-4 tbs. almond coconut milk
- 1 6 oz. cup Fage 2% or Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tbs. almond coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 scoops stevia 1 packet of sweetener of choice
- 1 package Raspberries or berry of choice
- To make the chia pudding:
- Combine the chia seeds (whole) with the Coconut Nog and Almond Coconut Milk. Allow to refrigerate 5 hours. Chia seeds will absorb all this liquid.
- Right before serving, add additional 3 tbs. Coconut Almond Milk and scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder to chia pudding. Stir to combine. You may need to add additional 1 tbs. of milk to fully incorporate the protein powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut almond milk, stevia and vanilla. Your yogurt will be much thinner now.
- In serving cups, spoon in layer of chia pudding. Top with a layer of yogurt. Add a few berries around the outside edge of the bowl so they can been seen in the layers. Top this with another layer of chia pudding and yogurt. Add additional berries to the top and serve immediately.
- These can be prepared in advance but will need to be refrigerated until served.
What about you?
- Christmas shopping done yet?
- Have you been sticking to your normal “diet” or eating all the cookies?