Creamy lemon tahini pasta is the perfect quick and simple weeknight meal! Packed with flavor this simple, healthy recipe has less than 10 ingredients and is ready in under 15 minutes. The creamy lemon tahini pasta sauce is naturally dairy free, vegan and gluten free!
Why you are going to love this recipe
- Perfect for weeknight meals, this creamy lemon tahini pasta sauce only takes 2 minutes to make and is going to quickly become your favorite new pasta sauce! It’s light, bright and pairs perfectly with any pasta!
- The creamy lemon tahini sauce is great on roasted veggies, salad or even on fresh veggies, so make a double batch and save the other half for meals later in the week!
- With less than 10 total ingredients, this meal is packed with protein, healthy fats and fiber thanks to the tahini pasta sauce and chickpea pasta! You will love how simple and healthy this meal is!
- The creamy tahini pasta sauce is naturally gluten free, dairy free, vegan, Whole30 and keto friendly! Pair it with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles if you are trying to reduce your pasta intake!
What is tahini?
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds. Similar to peanut butter, almond butter or something similar, tahini is a great source of healthy fats, protein and calcium.
- Garlic Powder
- Chickpea pasta
Chop the broccoli into small bite size pieces.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add the pasta and stir well. Cook the pasta according to the pasta instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt in blender until well combined into thick and creamy sauce.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with olive oil or avocado oil. Once preheated, add chopped broccoli and frozen peas. Cook for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally.
Once the pasta is done cooking, drain the water from the pasta.
Add the pasta back to the pot. Immediately add the lemon tahini sauce to the pasta and stir well. This will help keep the pasta from sticking together while you are waiting on the veggies to cook.
Once the broccoli and peas are done cooking, stir them in with the pasta and the creamy lemon tahini sauce. Serve hot.
What other veggies could you add?
Chopped broccoli and peas are fantastic to add to this creamy lemon tahini pasta, but you can really use any veggies you have on hand. Some other great options include:
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Artichoke Hearts
- Caramelized onions
- Cauliflower florets
How to add more protein
This recipe uses chickpea pasta which is high in protein and fiber. However, you may want to add more protein to your meal by adding:
How long can leftovers be stored in the fridge?
Leftovers of this lemon tahini pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze the lemon tahini sauce?
Yes! You can make a large batch of the lemon tahini sauce and freeze it for later use. Simply freeze it in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 2 months.
Can you make the sauce ahead of time?
Yes! The lemon tahini pasta sauce will last in the fridge for up to 5 days in a well-sealed container.
Tahini: If you cannot have sesame seeds or you are out of tahini, you could also use almond butter, cashew butter or even sunflower seed butter in place of tahini.
Chickpea pasta: You can use whatever pasta you have on hand! This recipe calls for chickpea pasta because it’s higher in protein and fiber. Another great option would be lentil pasta as it’s also packed with protein and fiber!!
Lemon juice: Lemon juice is the key to this creamy tahini pasta sauce tasting fresh! You could substitute it with fresh lime juice or white wine vinegar but the flavor is best with lemon juice.
Broccoli and Peas: See the list of other veggies you could add to substitute the broccoli or peas in this recipe.
If you love this recipe you should try:
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta
- Creamy Green Chili Spaghetti Squash Pasta Bake
- Creamy Garlic Butternut Squash Pasta
- Vegan Creamy Asian Spaghetti Squash Noodles
What you need to make this recipe:
Creamy Lemon Tahini Pasta
- Chop the broccoli florets into small, bite size pieces.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to directions on box (about 7 minutes).
- While pasta is cooking combine the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, Spray the skillet with non-stick (optional) and add the broccoli florets and peas to the skillet. Cook well 5-6 minutes.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain the water and add it right back to the pot. Pour the pasta sauce directly over the pasta and stir well.
- Once the broccoli and peas are done cooking (the broccoli looks green and is tender and the peas have defrosted), add them to the pasta and creamy tahini sauce. Stir well.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Whole30 or low carb option: use spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles or low carb pasta.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don’t forget to visit my Amazon Shop!