These vegan triple chocolate protein cookies are packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, are gluten free, and simple to make. Oh did I mention they are delicious too!
I haven't been baking as much lately, since having cookies in the house (even healthy ones) makes me crave cookies even more. I find myself walking to the fridge for cookies when I normally would be grabbing a handful of sugar snap peas or making a green smoothie. This was not helping me reach my goals. Nope not at all. But things are getting crazy around here. We are packing up the house (it sold in one day!!), trying to get our house to rent in Austin TX, trying to secure our gym in Austin TX, getting logistics on moving (truck, boxes, how to transport animals) and I'm trying to stay strong through all of this.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
The truth. I just want to sit on the couch, watch the Simpsons and eat cookies. These vegan triple chocolate protein cookies to be exact. These cookies out of the oven are good. These cookies after sitting in the fridge all night. FAN-freaking-TASTIC! And realistically, they aren't THAT bad for you. Perfect post workout fuel actually.
Now the only thing I have to say about these cookies. They might be too easy to make. Which makes them dangerous because you can have a batch from start to finish in less than 15 minutes. I might have made 3 batches of these cookies already. You won't believe what I'm going to do with these vegan triple chocolate cookies next!
These Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are a must!
Vegan Triple Chocolate Protein Cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 3 tbs. chia seeds
- 6 tbs. water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbs. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 3 tbs. cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoop chocolate protein powder - whey protein for paleo option
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder - gf
- 3 tbs cacao nibs
- 3 tbs. mini chocolate chips - I used EnjoyLife brand
- 3 tbs. sunflower seeds or walnuts - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash banana, add chia seed and water, stir. Let sit 1 minute
- Add applesauce and coconut oil and stir well.
- Add Protein Powder (I used Illumin8 from SunWarrior) and dry ingredients. Stir well to incorporate.
- Add the cacao nibs and chocolate chips and sunflower seeds or walnuts
- Add parchment or a silicone baking mat to cookie sheet. Spray with non-stick if using parchment.
- Scoop out cookie batter. Flatten with back of spoon if you want flatter cookies, These don't rise much.
- Makes 15 large cookies or 20-22 smaller cookies
- Bake at 350F. for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool Refrigerate at least 6 hours for best flavor.`
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Tell me what is your favorite kind of cookie?
- Do you think cookies are the best sweet treat? If not, what is your favorite?
- Have you ever been to Austin?