These vegan triple chocolate protein cookies are packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, are gluten free, and simple to make. Oh did I mention they are delicious too!
I haven’t been baking as much lately, since having cookies in the house (even healthy ones) makes me crave cookies even more. I find myself walking to the fridge for cookies when I normally would be grabbing a handful of sugar snap peas or making a green smoothie. This was not helping me reach my goals. Nope not at all. But things are getting crazy around here. We are packing up the house (it sold in one day!!), trying to get our house to rent in Austin TX, trying to secure our gym in Austin TX, getting logistics on moving (truck, boxes, how to transport animals) and I’m trying to stay strong through all of this.
The truth. I just want to sit on the couch, watch the Simpsons and eat cookies. These vegan triple chocolate protein cookies to be exact. These cookies out of the oven are good. These cookies after sitting in the fridge all night. FAN-freaking-TASTIC! And realistically, they aren’t THAT bad for you. Perfect post workout fuel actually.
This recipe I used Illumin8 from SunWarrior as the protein powder. It provides a bit more nutrition than typical protein powder. I think Dave and I need as much nutritional support as we can get in the next few months. Knowing that Dave has some serious stomach issues (gluten, nut and dairy allergies), the added ingredients in Illumin8 are the perfect way to help keep our nutrition up during this stressful time.
Now the only thing I have to say about these cookies. They might be too easy to make. Which makes them dangerous because you can have a batch from start to finish in less than 15 minutes. I might have made 3 batches of these cookies already. You won’t believe what I’m going to do with these vegan triple chocolate cookies next!Brighten up your day with these #vegan triple chocolate protein cookies #paleo Click To Tweet
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbs. chia seeds
- 6 tbs. water
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbs. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 3 tbs. cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder I used Illumin8 from SunWarrior (whey protein for paleo option)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder (gf)
- 3 tbs cacao nibs
- 3 tbs. mini chocolate chips (I used EnjoyLife brand)
- 3 tbs. sunflower seeds or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash banana, add chia seed and water, stir. Let sit 1 minute
- Add applesauce and coconut oil and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir well to incorporate.
- Add the cacao nibs and chocolate chips and sunflower seeds or walnuts
- Add parchment or a silicone baking mat to cookie sheet. Spray with non-stick if using parchment.
- Scoop out cookie batter. Flatten with back of spoon if you want flatter cookies, These don't rise much.
- Makes 15 large cookies or 20-22 smaller cookies
- Bake at 350F. for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool Refrigerate at least 6 hours for best flavor.`
What about you?
- Tell me what is your favorite kind of cookie?
- Do you think cookies are the best sweet treat? If not, what is your favorite?
- Have you ever been to Austin?