★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Preheat the oven to 350F
In a large glass bowl, add the pumpkin puree and egg whites and stir well until incorporated.
Add the almond flour, vanilla protien powder, tigernut flour, maple syrup, almond butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir well until fully incorporated.
Add the baking powder, half of the chocolate chips and half of the chopped pecans. Stir well
Cut a sheet of parchment paper and place it inside a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Spray with non-stick spray to keep from sticking.
Add the batter to the loaf pan and top with the rest of the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
After baking, let cool completely. Store in the fridge or in the freezer.
Fridge - up to 5 days in airtight container.
Freezer - up to 1 month. Be sure to slice the bread and put parchment paper or wax paper between slices to keep it from sticking together in the freezer.
- Tigernut flour- you can use cassava flour (for another grain free option) or your favorite gluten free flour.I have not tested this recipe with coconut flour, but know that coconut flour absorbs a lot more liquid than traditional flour, so you may want to only use 1 tablespoon.
- Almond Flour-can also use cashew flour or sunflower seed meal if you have an allergy or intolerance to tree nuts. Also you can replace the almond flour with any gluten free flour of choice, just not coconut flour.
- Tip: You can make your own sunflower seed meal or almond flour at home! Simply add the seeds or nuts to a high speed blender or food processor and blend on high until it resembles almond flour. Just don’t let it blend to long or you will end up with butter!
- Canned pumpkin - you can also use canned butternut squash or canned sweet potato puree in place of pumpkin. Also, you can use fresh cooked pumpkin. You will need 2.5 cups of cooked and cooled, mashed sugar pumpkin.
- Egg- Eggs give this recipe the “glue” to hold everything together. I have not had luck with replacing eggs in loaf recipes, typically they do not rise properly and they have to cook for 10-15 more minutes or more. If you want to replace the eggs, it might be better to make this recipe into muffins for the texture. To make vegan you can use 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. flax + 1/3 cup water).
- Maple Syrup- You can use honey, coconut nectar or your favorite low carb liquid sweetener.
- Pecans- Can use pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts or almonds.
- Chocolate- Raisins, cranberries, chopped dried figs or chopped nuts can be used.
- Loaf Pan- This recipe can also be made in 2 smaller loaf pans or into muffins.
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!