Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This sweet potato breakfast hash is the perfect savory breakfast! Whole30, paleo, grain-free, vegetarian (with a vegan option).
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups cubed)
- 1 bag brussels sprouts (1 lb)
- 1.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 eggs omit for vegan option
Preheat the oven to 375F
Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces (about the size of large dice).
Put the sweet potatoes in a large glass bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking in the microwave, preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Add 1 tbs. ghee or avocado oil to the preheated skillet. Add the sweet potatoes and make sure they are distributed well. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
Quarter the brussel sprouts by cutting them in half down the center in both directions while the sweet potatoes cook..
Add the brussels to the sweet potatoes and stir well. Cook 5 minutes.
Add the salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Stir well. Turn off the heat.
Make 4 "indentations" for the eggs by slightly moving the veggies to the side to make room for the eggs.
Crack 4 eggs in the pan where you made space for them. Place pan in the preheated 375F oven (be sure to use oven mits to transfer to the oven)
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven (use your oven mits) and serve immediately!
If you don’t microwave the sweet potatoes, you will need to cook them for about 10 minutes on the stove with a lid on the potatoes for the first 6-7 minutes.
To keep this recipe vegan, instead of eggs, you can stir in drained and rinsed:
Time saving tips:
- Black beans
- Cannellini beans
- To save time, you can buy sweet potatoes already peeled and cubed from the store.
- You can make shaved brussels sprouts using your food processor instead of cutting them into quarters. These brussel sprouts will cook up quicker in the saute pan.
- Make oven poached eggs while the sweet potatoes and brussel sprout hash is cooking to have everything ready together in under 20 minutes.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g