Margherita Pasta Salad
Incredibly easy pasta salad made with summer squash noodles and filled with the favors of margherita pizza - basil, tomato, and fresh mozzarella cheese. This pasta salad is ready in minutes, especially compared to traditional pasta salad! Naturally gluten free,low carb and super filling without any of the guilt!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 medium summer squash or zucchini squash cut into noodles (zoodles)
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters or halved
- 2 handfuls of spinach chopped
- 5-10 leaves of basil rolled into a log and cut into ribbons
- 3 tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 10-12 mozzarella balls
- grilled portobello mushrooms optionals
Using a spiaralizer, made zoodles out of the summer squash or zucchini.
Add the chopped tomatoes, fresh spinach and mozzarella cheese to the squash noodles.
If adding portobello mushrooms, marinade in balsamic dressing and grill 10 minutes on a griddle or outside. on the grill.
In a small bowl, combine the basil, white balsamic, garlic powder,olive oil, salt and pepper. Add a lid and shake vigorously.
Pour the vignette over the pasta noodles and toss.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 26.3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.8mg