Best Ever White Bean Mushroom Soup
Creamy, rich and extremely flavorful, this white bean mushroom soup is the perfect dinner recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes, this filling soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold night. Vegan, gluten free, low fat, high in fiber and protein.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1/2-1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 10 oz package white mushrooms - organic if possible
- 10 oz package cremini baby portobello mushrooms - organic if possible.
- 10-15 springs thyme leaves peeled from the stalks
- 1 tbs. liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbs. tapioca flour or arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth divided
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 can white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 handfuls of kale stems removed and finely chopped (optional)
In a large pot or stock pot, add coconut oil and allow it to melt. Add diced onions and allow to cook 4 minutes
While onions are cooking, chop mushrooms.
Move onion to the side of the pan after cooking 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme leaves and allow to cook 5 minutes. .
After 5 minutes, stir in onions and add pinch of salt. You will notice there is starting to be a lot of water in the pot, this is good.
Add the bay leaf and liquid aminos (or soy sauce or coconut aminos) and cook. 5 more minutes.
While the mushrooms are cooking, add tapioca flour to 1 cup of the organic vegetable broth. Stir well to combine. After mushrooms have cooked 5 minutes, add this and milk to the mushroom mixture and stir well. This needs to cook for about 15 minutes.
While the soup is cooking, rinse and drain the white kidney beans.
Add 2/3 of the can of drained white kidney beans and 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth to a high speed blender or into a bowl to use an immersion blender. Blend until smooth, this only takes about 30 seconds. Add this bean puree directly into the soup. Add the rest of the beans directly into the soup
If you want to add more vitamins and minerals, chop the kale and add it now.
After the 15 minutes is up, let the soup cool just a minute or two before serving hot!
This is two dinner portions or 4 appetizer portions of soup
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1260mg | Potassium: 1336mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 68% | Vitamin C: 59.7% | Calcium: 25.1% | Iron: 14.9%