This veggie sandwich is the combination of all my favorite things: sundried tomatoes, creamy goat cheese, grilled veggies and bread. Yeah I can’t find anything wrong with this veggie sandwich. Oh except trying to eat it without making a huge mess. This veggie sandwich is so simple, it’s almost ludicrous I haven’t thought of this combination before!
I can eat grilled veggies like no one’s business. Like seriously. When I make veggies on the grill, I end up making 2 or 3 times more veggies than I need for the night. Then I use those veggies in so many different ways. Other than this sandwich, these grilled veggies are awesome on top of a Chopped Veggie Mexican Salad, scattered on top of zucchini pizza, or with pesto zoodles, or just simply served with grilled shrimp on a hot summer night!
Once you have left over veggies to work with, this literally is a 5 minute meal! This veggie sandwich recipe makes dinner so easy, and you can’t even get food from a drive through that fast! Just make sure you don’t let your family members know how simple this was to make!
What really makes this sandwich irresistible, is the sundried tomato goat cheese. And the best news, it couldn’t be easier! You just chop up the sundried tomato (in oil) with crumbled goat cheese in bowl. Stir with a spoon until incorporated. See I told you, so easy right? I almost feel silly telling you about it.
Sundried Tomato Goat Cheese Veggie Sandwich
- 1-2 Zucchini squash cut into 1 inch slices and grilled
- 1-2 summer Squash cut into 1 inch slices and grilled
- 1 red pepper sliced into long strips after grilling
- 1 container baby portobello mushrooms stems removed, grilled
- 1 small red onion cut into quarters, then grilled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 roma tomatoes sliced thin
- 1/4- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles or SoDelicious Diary Free Cheese
- 2-3 tbs. sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 4-6 slices quality bread or Udi's gluten free bread
- Slice and grill veggies (about 10 minutes). Sprinkle with salt once off the grill.
- Combine goat cheese crumbles with chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Add goat cheese spread to bread. Add grilled veggies and sliced tomato and top with the other slice of bread. This can also be served as an open face sandwich (how I enjoyed it)
- Serve and enjoy!
What about you?
- Tell me about your favorite way to enjoy summer veggies!
- Do you have a crazy easy recipe you love to make on hot nights?
- What is your favorite sandwich combo?