These super soft
pillows of heaven cookies are gluten free, dairy free, high protein, full of vitamins and under 45 calories each. SAY WHAT?!
Random Thoughts & Life Updates
I am really enjoying all the fall colors, which finally hit my neighborhood! I ran 6 miles yesterday with my little pup Pepper and the leaves were a welcomed distraction. Another awesome fall phenomenon: The cotton candy colored sky. Oh I just LOVE it! Both in the morning and at night.
Another thought while running today: Who gets to name streets? I ran down a street today that I read “Taterbrook” when I first saw it… total random thought I know.
I worked from home yesterday, working is so much better when you can sip on chai tea with a splash of coconut milk. I sweetened it with a bit of maple syrup (I think I’m obsessed). Trust me it’s the bee’s knees!
It’s going to be 80 degrees today and 55 on Saturday. How am I suppose to get my wardrobe together when I’ve got two season to dress for?!
Half marathon training is temporarily halted (again) as my quest for the perfect shoe is back on. The shoes I got are not right for me and make running
absolutely miserable less enjoyable. I”m thinking I may have to try Mizuno’s or go back to Brooks!
This girl. I (half)joked with Dave that she would claw my eyes out while I slept when I first met her. Now she’s my angel baby.
Hello daylight savings this weekend! Oh precious extra hour of sleep how I love you. Fun story, Dave and my first date was on daylight savings for spring forward. Needless to say we
got an extra hour together on our first date we were out until 3am on our first date. ^^Why you shouldn’t blog after midnight (thanks for the heads up Amanda) ^^
Did I miss anything? Oh yeah… Halloween is tomorrow!! Instead of candy, make pumpkin cookies, sit in the dark, and eat them all! 🙂 I kid I kid. Make these cookies and reach for one instead of the candy bowl. That candy is for the kids!!
It’s a snaggle-toothed smiley! And that is Cinnamon Vanilla Maple Almond Pecan Butter (recipe to come)
Scary Good Pumpkin Cookies
These super soft pillows of heaven cookies are gluten free, dairy free, high protein, full of vitamins and under 45 calories each. SAY WHAT?!
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 tbs. date puree
- 2 tbs. coconut vanilla palm sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree fresh or canned but not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 Scoops of vanilla protein powder 2 scoops brown rice protein and 2 scoops Raw Fusion
- 1/4 tsp. stevia
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup oat flour gluten free
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tbs. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tbs. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground clove
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add date puree, egg whites, pumpkin and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir stir stir. The mixture will feel thick and be a touch sticky.
- Spoon out using a tablespoon to ensure all the cookies are the same size. I was able to get about 30 out of the batch I made that didn't have the pumpkin cutouts. That batch I was able to get 28 cookies, which will change the calorie content just a tad.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Note: frosting and pecans are not included in these stats
2 tbs. raw coconut butter (not oil)
1/2 tbs. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. stevia
2-3 tbs. almond coconut milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 tsp. chia seeds (I used white so you wouldn’t see them as much).
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Frost pumpkin cookies and allow frosting to set in the fridge 5-10 minutes to harden slightly.
What About You
- Are you dressing up for Halloween, what are you going as?
- Do you give candy to kids (lol that sounds creepy).. but seriously!
- Daylight savings, love it or hate it?