Rustic roasted garlic tomato soup is the perfect way to battle the cold weather! The smell coming from your kitchen while the garlic is roasting will make you instantly hungry. The roasted garlic sweetens in the oven and pairs beautifully with the sweet tomatoes. This soup can be made anytime but is especially good after a long day spent in the cold. You will be warmed up from the inside and you will still be able to fit in your jeans after eating this!
Well there is no doubt about it, winter has come to the South. That means all I want is casseroles, soups, and hot chocolate. I've made a version of this egg wrap everyday this week – it's so filling and only takes me 5 minutes to make! I’ve also been enjoying some single serve pumpkin pie with coconut whipped cream and pomegranate seeds, it’s amazing! What about you?
I don’t like buying canned soup if I can help it. The list of ingredients seems unnecessary (sky high sodium!) and the healthy soup with no preservatives often has quite a high price tag! So anytime I have the opportunity to make it from scratch, I do!
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
I’m all about using up my produce before it goes bad and this soup was a product of that! I had 2 cartons of cherry tomatoes that had seen better days. They were starting to wrinkle and were no longer a texture I wanted to eat raw. So I decided to roast them up with some garlic and make soup! That’s what everyone does with their wrinkly tomatoes right? If not, you should start – this recipe could not be easier!
For a bit of contrasting color and to get my leafy green veggies in, I added a bit of red kale into the soup. I just chopped it finely then added it to the hot soup. It wilted in no time! As I mentioned in yesterdays post, Oven Roasted Balsamic Tofu is the perfect crouton and I loaded my soup up with them! But, if grilled cheese is your thing, this is the perfect soup to dunk it in!
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add parchament paper to cookie sheet, spray with nonstick (coconut oil). Add tomatoes, salt, Weber Garlic and Herb Seasoning, and few cracks black pepper.
- Cut the top off a head of garlic just enough to expose the flesh inside the skin. Wrap in foil. Add to baking sheet.
- Roast tomatoes and garlic for 20 minutes,
- Take tomatoes and garlic out of the oven. Allow to cool slightly 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and roasted garlic to blender or use an immersion blender in a stainless steel pan or glass bowl. Buzz tomatoes until pureed to your liking.
- TIP: to get the garlic cloves out, just squeeze from the bottom (make sure you use oven mitts!) and the garlic will just slide out of the skin!
- Add garlic/tomato to a saucepan and heat over medium low heat. Add sherry vinegar and julienned kale. Stir. Taste for salt and pepper, adjust accordingly.
- Once kale has wilted, serve with crusty bread, balsamic tofu croutons or grilled cheese (or a mixture of all).
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don't forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- Favorite soup when it's cold?
- How are you getting your veggies now that it's cold?
- Grilled cheese or crusty bread?