My favorite thing about Friday – the workouts 🙂 And we get to wear jeans to work this week and that’s pretty awesome! So how are you doing with your New Year Intentions? I’m still working on getting more sleep and hydrating, and eating more mindfully, but it’s a process so I’m ok with where I’m at! What I haven’t been slacking on, workouts! I came up with this no excuses workout just for you. Let’s get to it!
Other things I’m currently loving – lunch workouts! They break up the day so splendidly! I’ve recently learned how to love the elliptical. Who would have known? I do intervals and sweat buckets, it’s a great relationship we are forming! I used to do my workouts in the group exercise room so I can play music without headphones while doing a HIIT workout. But, since the gym got a new pilates reformer machine, there are clients in there all the time now. So I’m stuck doing workouts in the open area of the gym with no music or on the cardio equipment.
Don’t worry, I haven’t let that stop me from doing my HIIT workouts though! I got in a great workout yesterday afternoon using this No Excuses Workout as my guide. This week we were asked to do: mountain climbers, push ups, climb stairs and lunges. Easy peasy micsweezy! Loved these prompts. And this workout is a great mix of cardio and strength, perfect for when you are short on time!
The trick is to really push through the entire 20 seconds of work. No staring at the timer or not starting on time. Just put in the work, it’s only 20 seconds. With that being said, there are modifications listed, so listen to your body and work at your own pace. It’s one thing to take a break, it’s another to quit. There is NO QUITTING this is No Excuses Workout 🙂
No Excuses Workout
The No Excuses Workout Deets
- Mountain climbers – your choice. I did regular mountain climbers for this one. You could use sliders, or you could do low impact mountain climbers. Listen to your body!
- Lunge back with front raise – this is a shoulder workout!! Lunge back with one foot and raise your arms straight in front of you to shoulder height. Do this as you lunge back. As you come back from the lunge return your arms to starting position at your side.
- Quick up down on the step – going old school step here! I did quick feet but feel free to make this less intensive by going a little slower in the moves.
- Pushups – go with your level! You can do these on your knees, on your toes or one foot in the air!
- Frog jumps – my favorite 🙂 Really try to get your butt down low on these! You can do air squats, pulsing squats, or squat jumps instead if you aren’t feeling frog!