These chocolate pecan coconut butter cups have everything you want from a traditional peanut butter cup and more! Secretly healthier, these chocolate pecan coconut butter cups are made with coconut oil, protein powder and homemade pecan coconut butter. Filled with fiber and protein, these vegan, chocolate pecan coconut butter cups are the perfect last minute holiday treat!
With all the running around and various parties, cookie exchanges and secret Santa parties, it can be difficult to keep up with everything you agreed upon making. I know I’ve forgotten more than once those holiday treats, only leading to a stressful and less than pleasant experience for me. And because I’m a nutrition coach, most people expect me to bring something healthy to the party! And I try not to let them down.
Instead of always running by the store to grab something “last minute”, I have recipes like this that I can quickly prepare, taking almost no time to assemble. I make the chocolate coating from melted chocolate chips (dairy free for vegan option), coconut oil and chocolate protein powder. I had homemade pecan coconut butter on hand from some recipe testing the other day. I wanted to make these nut butter cups free from peanuts, since that’s a common allergen. Anytime I’m going to a party, I try to ask about allergies so I can create a treat that everyone can enjoy.
Growing up, one of my favorite treats were Reese’s cups. I remember getting the plastic candy canes full of miniature Reese’s cups, and those never lasted long in my house. Luckily my grandparent’s would also give me a few of those plastic candy canes full of candy as well. Chocolate and peanut butter, how could you go wrong!! Well I know how, chocolate with pecan and coconut butter!! It’s definitely something you MUST try!
This recipe is perfect for those times when you accidentally burn the cookies or forget a key ingredient in the recipe you promised to make. No one is going to complain when you bring these instead!
Coconut Butter Cups Recipe Tips
For this recipe, I recommend that you use silicone cupcake liners. I bought mine at the local grocery store in the baking aisle. They are easy to find and can be used in so many ways. Muffins, egg bakes, chocolate nut butter cups, and individual protein bites.
Love these Coconut Butter Cups and want more healthy versions of chocolate peanut butter cups? Check out these Sunbutter Cups.
Chocolate Pecan Coconut Butter Cups
Try these chocolate pecan coconut butter cups this holiday season! Easy to make, simple yet decadent, this vegan gluten free dessert is dairy free, allergy friendly and paleo!
- First make the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, for 30 second increments. About 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate protein powder to the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir well until combined. Add 1 scoop then add as much as you need to get the texture you prefer. It should still be runny, not thick. If it gets too thick, you will need to add more coconut oil.
- Add 1/2 tbs. to the bottom of each muffin liner (silicone). I used 8 silicone liners.
- Place liners in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Pecan Coconut Butter
- In a large food processor, add the pecans and coconut flakes. Let run for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut oil to help the butter along. Soon it will change from a thick sandy texture to a smooth butter (take about 6 minutes total). It may take a bit longer depending on how old and how powerful your food processor is.
- Add 1 tbs. of pecan coconut butter to the frozen chocolate that was put into the freezer. As soon as you fill all of the silicone liners with pecan coconut butter, freeze again for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add 1/2 to 1 tbs. chocolate on top of the pecan coconut butter. Freeze 10-20 minutes for best results.
- Keep cold or in the freezer, as the coconut oil tends to become very soft at room temperature.
What about you?
- What is your go to last minute party food?
- What was your favorite candy to get for the holidays?
- Are you known to bring the healthy snacks?
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.