These chocolate pecan coconut butter cups have everything you want from a traditional peanut butter cup and more! They are secretly healthier since these chocolate pecan coconut butter cups are made with coconut oil, protein powder and homemade pecan coconut butter. Filled with fiber and protein, these vegan, chocolate pecan coconut butter cups are the perfect last minute holiday treat!
With all the running around and various parties, cookie exchanges and secret Santa parties, it can be difficult to keep up with everything you agreed upon making. I know I've forgotten more than once those holiday treats, only leading to a stressful and less than pleasant experience for me. Since I am a nutrition coach, most people expect me to bring something healthy but delicious to the party! And of course I try not to let them down.
Instead of always running by the store to grab something “last minute”, I have recipes like this that I can quickly prepare, taking almost no time to assemble. I make the chocolate coating from melted chocolate chips (dairy free for vegan option), coconut oil and chocolate protein powder. I had homemade pecan coconut butter on hand from some recipe testing the other day. I wanted to make these nut butter cups free from peanuts, since that's a common allergen. Anytime I'm going to a party, I try to ask about allergies so I can create a treat that everyone can enjoy.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
Growing up, one of my favorite treats were Reese's peanut butter cups and I'm sure you can agree. I remember getting the plastic candy canes full of miniature Reese's cups, and those never lasted long in my house. Luckily my grandparent's would also give me a few of those plastic candy canes full of candy as well. Judge away, I am a chocolate LOVER! Besides with chocolate and peanut butter, how could you go wrong!! If you've never tried chocolate with pecan and coconut butter!! It's definitely something you MUST try!
This recipe is perfect for those times when you accidentally burn the cookies or forget a key ingredient in the recipe you promised to make. No one is going to complain when you bring these instead. Or, just make them for yourself and tell no one else!
Coconut Butter Cups Recipe Tips
For this recipe, I recommend that you use silicone cupcake liners. I bought mine at the local grocery store in the baking aisle. They are easy to find and can be used in so many ways. Muffins, egg bakes, chocolate nut butter cups, and individual protein bites.
Love these Coconut Butter Cups and want more healthy versions of chocolate peanut butter cups? Check out these Sunbutter Cups.
Chocolate Pecan Coconut Butter Cups
- First make the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, for 30 second increments. About 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate protein powder to the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir well until combined. Add 1 scoop then add as much as you need to get the texture you prefer. It should still be runny, not thick. If it gets too thick, you will need to add more coconut oil.
- Add 1/2 tbs. to the bottom of each muffin liner (silicone). I used 8 silicone liners.
- Place liners in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Pecan Coconut Butter
- In a large food processor, add the pecans and coconut flakes. Let run for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut oil to help the butter along. Soon it will change from a thick sandy texture to a smooth butter (take about 6 minutes total). It may take a bit longer depending on how old and how powerful your food processor is.
- Add 1 tbs. of pecan coconut butter to the frozen chocolate that was put into the freezer. As soon as you fill all of the silicone liners with pecan coconut butter, freeze again for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add 1/2 to 1 tbs. chocolate on top of the pecan coconut butter. Freeze 10-20 minutes for best results.
- Keep cold or in the freezer, as the coconut oil tends to become very soft at room temperature.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal creation basics and visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- What is your go to last minute party food?
- What was your favorite candy to get for the holidays?
- Are you known to bring the healthy snacks?