These simple buffalo salmon bites with chipotle ranch dip are so easy to make and only require 6 ingredients (8 if you count the dip)! The best part, all the ingredients are things you likely already have in your pantry! These bites are gluten free, high in protein, paleo friendly and so simple!
Having a pantry stocked with essentials makes my busy life so much easier. I always have a few cans of salmon and tuna in the pantry for days when I just don’t have time to cook, or it’s too hot here in Austin to turn on the oven. I have a feeling that is going to be more and more of a problem now that it’s June. Holy moly it’s hot here! But having a stocked pantry is a life saver on busy days. And until it’s too hot to turn on the oven, I will be making these buffalo salmon bites to enjoy all week long!
Let’s be honest, you can only have pesto avocado tuna wraps with green cauliflower rice or simple paleo crab cakes so many times before you get a little bored. Stocking the pantry with Wildtree seasonings (affiliate link) have started saving the day! I fell in love with Wildtree spices because they were so easy to use, even Dave was making gourmet meals without trying! I was finally able to get him out of his “tacos for every meal” phase and it’s been amazing! So having a pantry full of fun spice blends has made cooking, even with things like canned salmon, so much more fun!
These simple buffalo salmon bites use the Wildtree Rodeo Rub and the chipotle ranch dip is just Wildtree Chipotle Ranch seasoning and unsweetened coconut yogurt. Could not be any easier! I just made a version of these buffalo salmon bites for Dave with ground turkey in the crockpot with a ¼ cup of the Wildtree Wing Sauce as the base and he gobbled them up so quickly! Perfect weeknight meal with almost no effort!
The same goes for these salmon cakes. Since the salmon is already cooked, these just bake in the oven until they are browned. You don’t have to worry about over cooking the salmon and you can taste it for seasoning as well (which is always a plus). When Dave and I were running our meal prep business this time last year, I made Tuna Burgers for our ladies and learned that adding avocado to the mix really made the tuna burgers stick together better and was the missing ingredient from the previous burgers I’ve made in the past!
And of course I want to share those tips with you! My goal is to help you make dinner something you can create quickly, with minimal effort and it still taste good! Because when you actually time it out, going out to eat can often take more time than cooking at home, you just have to be strategic on nights when things need to come together quickly. These buffalo salmon bites are the perfect make ahead meal prep dinner recipe. They are so simple to throw together, they hold up well in the fridge for days and you can eat them cold or hot. They are so good on wraps, in salads, in lettuce cups or as part of a bigger meal with sides like cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Buffalo Salmon Bites with Chipotle Ranch Dip
Buffalo Salmon Bites
Chipotle Ranch dip
- 1 small container of Unsweetened coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Wildtree chipotle ranch seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Shred the carrot and add it to a glass bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
- While carrots are microwaving, shred the zucchini, and be sure to ring out the excess moisture.
- Add the zucchini to the carrots once they are done cooking.
- Drain the salmon and add it to the carrot and zucchini mixture.
- Pit the avocado, and remove the flesh from the skin. Discard the pit and skin. Chop the avocado and add it to the salmon.
- Add the rodeo rub, salt and coconut flour.
- Mix until all avocado is smashed and combined.
- Form into 10 small patties.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Carefully flip and cook 5-6 minutes until brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat.
- Make the chipotle ranch dip
- Drain the excess water from a small container of coconut yogurt (or use greek yogurt)
- Add 1 tsp. Wildtree chipotle ranch seasoning.
- Stir and serve cold.
P.S. I only share products I 100% use in my everyday life. I do want you to know that I am a Wildtree represenative because I love these products and want to share them with you! Any Wildtree products you purchase through the links in this post, I will earn a commission on, which helps me bring you amazing recipes and tips! Thank you for supporting me in my business!