One of the easiest ways to start the day is with an easy breakfast parfait. All you have to do is layer the ingredients you already have on hand and viola, a wholesome, yummy way to start the day. Add in your favorite protein powder for an extra protein kick, as well as a way to sweeten the yogurt, so no added sugar is needed. I like to have a lot of different textures in my breakfast parfait, so I add crunchy granola to offset the luscious yogurt and plump juicy berries. You could also add a handful of nuts to this as well for crunch. This vegan, low fat, protein packed breakfast will start your holiday weekend off on the right (healthy) foot!
I plan on enjoying this parfait sitting on my back deck studying for my personal training certification this weekend. This breakfast parfait will help me stay full and power through my studying. I take my exam on July 22nd and I’m starting to feel a bit panicked. Hopefully I can enjoy some time at the pool (with my note cards of course) over this holdiay weekend. Heck I might even make these festive parfaits as a refreshing afternoon snack as well! You really can’t go wrong with red, white and blue food right?
Breakfast can’t always be a big elaborate meal. I love starting the day with pancakes, but a lot of the time that is just unrealistic. I’m usually running around 15 minutes late every morning. But I don’t let that stop me from having a healthy, nutritious breakfast. Sometimes I make overnight oats, other days I make green smoothies but lately I’ve been enjoying breakfast parfaits as well! I love the different textures in the parfait and the fact that they travel well doesn’t hurt!
I bought a few containers of unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt last week when it was on sale at the store. This recipe uses the coconut yogurt, but regular yogurt or even Greek yogurt would work well in this recipe as well. Please note that I used unsweetened yogurt. I don’t need a rush of sugar to start my day, but please feel free to use what you have on hand.
I made a simple granola recipe similar to this vegan granola, just with cinnamon instead. I like to make my own granola at home, but there are a ton of store bought granolas on the market that use quality ingredients. Use your favorite granola, just be sure to check the ingredient list before buying, You don’t want to start your day putting a bunch of sugar or fake ingredients in your body do you? I used the blueberry jelly I made with these blueberry pancakes in this recipe, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
GET 10 OF MY ALL TIME GREATEST RECIPES
IN THIS FREE EBOOK
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt – or yogurt of choice
- 1 scoop protein powder – Nuzest vanilla
- 1-2 tbs. blueberry jam or jelly – or flavor of your choice
- 1-2 handfuls of granola
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt and protein powder.
- In a mason jar or container of choice, layer your breakfast parfait. Add 1/2 of the yogurt mixture. Top with blueberry jam, a layer of blueberries then the granola.
- Add the rest of the yogurt mixture and top with raspberries.
- Serve cold. This can be made ahead of time (overnight) and enjoyed anytime.
SHOP MY FAVORITE FAST MEAL MUST-HAVES
Use the buttons below to buy my must-have fast meal basics and don’t forget to visit my Amazon Shop!
What about you?
- How do you plan on spending the holiday weekend?
- Do you lie to start the day with a certain breakfast item or do you change it up?