Summer might be almost over, but skinny jeans always looks better on a firm booty! You still have time, and this booty burner will make sure you are one step closer.
Getting that booty is easier than you think. These are my top three ways to get that toned booty:
- Squat heavy
- Dead lift
- Isolated movements
The addition of isolated movements to my squats and dead lifts has helped me really tone my tush! Below are some of my favorite movements that target the glutes. An added bonus is that you don’t need any gym equipment to perform these moves. You can use a mat or towel to protect your knees and a timer to track your time. I also like to add
dumbbells behind my knees or resistance bands for added intensity during donkey kicks.
The Booty Burner
Perform each exercise for 1 minute, complete the entire circuit without stopping:
- Hold Bridge – squeeze that booty
- Bridge pulse, slow
- Bridge pulse, fast
- Donkey kicks, right leg
- Fire hydrants lifts, right leg
- Donkey kicks, left leg
- Fire hydrants lifts, left leg
- Straight leg donkey kicks, right leg
- Straight leg donkey kicks, left leg
Now your butt and legs should be on fire, but if you are up for the challenge, do round two!
- Bridge: Lie on your back with your knees bent, bring your feet as close to your tush as possible while keeping them firmly on the floor. Raiseuponto your shoulders, press through your feet,concentrateonsqueezingyourbutt as you raise up.Addweightforadditional resistance!
- Slow: Start in bridge, lower down so that your butt almost touches the floor. Count to 2, then slowly lift back to bridge.
- Fast: For sixty seconds, just pulse hips at the top of the bridge hold.
- Kicks: For the remaining exercises try not to lean into your opposite side, your weight should stay distributed through both arms and core engaged.
- For donkey kicks. Start on all fours, with hands under shoulders or slightly wider and knees under hips. Keep your back flat and raise right foot straight up into the air keeping the knee bent. Repeat on left side. Add weight for added resistance!
- For fire hydrants: Start in the same position as donkey kicks. Instead of lifting your leg behind you, lift leg to the side keeping that knee bent! Repeat on left side.
- Straight leg donkey kicks: Start in the same position as donkey kicks. Straighten your right leg and raise it behind you aiming to get at least parallel with your tush. Repeat on left side.
Since this is a toning exercise, remember to get in your cardio today as well! I’ll be teaching SPIN. If you need ideas or inspiration check out this tabata to get that heart rate up! A toned booty is also made in the kitchen, so don’t forget to eat clean and drink water! Check out this protein packed oatmeal recipe!